Mr. Oldřich Vlasák, Vice-President of the European Parliament
• Technology and Environment Department, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Czech Technical University (ČVUT), Prague – Master’s degree (1980).
• Researcher at the Food and Refrigeration Technology Research Institute and at Kovoprojekta Praha (to 1989). Managing Director of Bohemian Waste Management (1989-1993). Managing Director of East Bohemian Airport (1993-1998).
• Long-standing member of the ODS (Civil Democratic Party) (since 1991) and of the ODS Executive Council.
• Member of Hradec Králové City Council (since 1994). Mayor of Hradec Králové (1998-2004).
• Vice-President of the Union of Towns and Municipalities of the Czech Republic, responsible for foreign cooperation (2000). President of the Union of Towns and Municipalities of the Czech Republic (2001-2011). Vice-President for European Affairs of the Union of Towns and Municipalities of the Czech Republic (since May 2011).
• Member of the European Parliament (since 2004).
• Vice-President of the European Parliament (since January 2012).
• Member of the Committee of the Regions (1999-2004). Vice-Chair of NUTS II – Severovýchod (North-East) (1999).
• Executive chairman of the Council of European Municipalities and Regions (CEMR) (since 2000). Member of the United Cities and Local Government (UCLG) World Council (since 2010).
• Chair of the Board of Trustees of the University of Hradec Králové (since September 2011).
• Chair of the Supervisory Board of CEVRO Institut, o.p.s. (since June 2011).
• Volunteer member of the mountain rescue service (1980-1996).
Publications: Evropská unie očima studentů; Evropská unie očima podnikatelů; Evropská unie očima občanů ČR; 15 let ODS ve Východočeském a Královéhradeckém regionu; Budoucnost kohezní politiky; co-author of the books Evropská parlamentní demokracie, Naše obce a města v Evropské unii, Naše města a evropské peníze.
Publisher of the INFO information bulletin. Publications to accompany exhibitions in the European Parliament: III. odboj v Československu (‘The third resistance movement in Czechoslovakia’) and 100 let mezinárodního ledního hokeje (’100 years of international ice hockey’).